2018 Accreditation Institute
Event Date: February 23-24, 2018
Event Location: Wyndam Anaheim – Garden Grove | 12021 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92840.
Higher education is undergoing many changes such as student placement and assessment processes, increased student services, and even consideration of a guided pathways framework. Likewise, accreditation requirements and practices are undergoing significant change. Accreditation is no longer an event that occurs once every six years to prove compliance; it is a process that requires annual consideration and broad participation to ensure that the education and services provided to our students are of high quality and value to the community and public at large. Whether your college is gathering evidence, in the process of writing an Institutional Self Evaluation Report, or preparing for a comprehensive site visit, the Academic Senate for California Community College’s Accreditation Institute will provide guidance and support. Accreditation is an opportunity to share everything that our colleges do well and to identify areas where improvement can be made. This year’s institute, while embracing change, is focused on understanding accreditation so that participants are empowered and energized to take ownership of accreditation. New this year, is a pre-session sponsored by the ACCJC. There will be two trainings: one, a new evaluator training for faculty and the other, new Accreditation Liaison Officer Training.
Accreditation Institute Goals:
- Provide basic information on accreditation.
- Provide information on effective practices in accreditation.
- Empower and energize participants to take ownership of accreditation to
- Continuously improve their colleges, and
- Identify existing infrastructure that supports and sustains ongoing evaluation.
Accreditation Institute Strands:
- The ACCJC Accreditation Standards
- ACCJC Accreditation and More…
- Effective Accreditation Practices
- Accreditation in Practice